Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The obligatory first post


Dear seaparkcell,

In January 2006, I started a
blog in Wordpress to document and store our experiences as a cell. It wasn't a complete success story. There were brief, promising moments when a few posts were published within a short period of time, but on the whole, I don't think it quite worked out.

It has died a slow death, with a few feeble attempts of resurrection with a post once in a blue moon to try to jolt a lifeless heart to life with electric paddles. But just as doctors have to sometimes face the music, I've decided to let the old blog die a graceful death. Do visit it from time to time to look back at some pretty whacky and cool pictures, but as of 2008, a new blog is born!

For fun, I decided to type in "superlamecell" to see if the URL was taken but, praise God, it wasn't! So I guess we are destined to have this URL, and superlamecell it will stay. Somehow, I feel a strong...resonance with this name. I don't know why...

In line with moving into a new cell venue, we are no longer seaparkcell by name. Over the next few weeks, we will be going through a rebranding exercise. We need to decide on a new name (Unless Crimson Cell works for you - personally, I find it a bit gay. We could have cooler names like "Soooooollaaaaaammmeeee" as our identity!), a new logo and start gearing up for what we want to do accomplish this year as a cell.

Watch this space.

I personally guarantee that there will be more activity here than my first attempt.

(Anything could be better than that)

God bless!

0 comments: